Easy Instant Home Decor Wall Sticker Decal - Colorful World Map for Children Continents Countries
* Estimated shipping rate for US 48 states. Final rate calculated at checkout.
|Average Customer Review: ( 58 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
32 of 33 found the following review helpful:
Pretty but what about basic Geography?! Mar 18, 2011
By Janina Tubby
I put these in the bathroom in my classroom in Japan. They were a little tricky to fix. But... almost the first time a child went in, she came out and asked me: "Is there a zoo in the Arctic?".
"I don't know" I replied confused. "Why?".
"Well there are some penguins up there with the polar bears, so there must be a zoo there".
That's right Geography sticker makers: Penguins do not live in the Arctic! Five year old children know this. I am a little embarrassed to say that I did not notice when I stuck it up. However I did notice there is no country called Mongloid and all the flags are printed backwards.
We have repatriated the penguins and stuck a sticker over Mongloid, but left the flags. I dare not look too closely in case we find any other glaring mistakes. So if you just want a pretty map like picture, then this is for you. But if you want something that represents geographical reality, you might be better looking elsewhere!
8 of 8 found the following review helpful:
GREAT FOR DECORATING DORMS Sep 29, 2011
I bought this for my common room in my dorm and it looked great!! I loved it and others did to...great price for such a big transformation for the room. Easy application as well and easier to take off and put anywhere else
10 of 11 found the following review helpful:
Sticker Nov 24, 2010
The product was actually a sticker that needed to be put together like a puzzle, instructions not in english, but you can figure it out by looking at the picture, size is exactly like what you see in the pictures. Good size for the price, and looks amazing on my walls.
9 of 10 found the following review helpful:
Beautiful decoration! Oct 16, 2011
By M. I. Valdes
Purchased this decal for a close friend's birthday. She loves Paris and when I saw this on Amazon.....I knew this would be a perfect gift. I was right! I had originally thought she would use it to decorate her patio window. She decided to stick it on her family room wall and has gotten many compliments. Great decoration and very easy to use.....an added bonus.
5 of 5 found the following review helpful:
Disappointed with this set Nov 29, 2011
I have other wall decals from this company and have been happy with them. I thought that I would like these too, as the map should be great for kids learning about the world. I was, however, disappointed with this set in several ways and would not recommend it.
1) Not geographically correct-- I know that other reviewers have mentioned this, but some of the problems have obviously been fixed since earlier versions (Mongolia is now named properly, penguins are now for the South Pole, etc.), so I thought it wouldn't be a problem. But when the description says this is not for educational purposes they REALLY mean it-- what surprised me is that some countries are marked, while others are not. Some countries are named, others are not. Why bother with incomplete country names and boundaries at all?
2) Did not stick to wall-- This was by far the most serious problem I had with this set. As mentioned earlier other wall decals from this company have been great and stuck to my wall with no problem. But for some reason some pieces of this set are peeling off on their own, after being on the wall for only about 5 days. Since there are many small pieces that are loose it is dangerous-- a choking hazard in a small child's room. I don't want to spend every day resticking these, so I'll be returning the set.
3) White background-- Although the third picture on the item page makes it look like the stickers have a clear background, since the background there matches the blue wall in the picture, they actually have a white background that is all around the edges and fills in spaces on many places. I consider this a design flaw for wall decals, and it should be mentioned more explicitly in the item description. The decal will not blend into your decor with this white background, and the straight white edges of some of the outer stickers look strange floating on a colored wall. Wall decals, in my opinion, should not look like regular paper stickers that have been put on the wall, which these do.
4) Not well cut in sheet-- Finally, the stickers were hard to get off the sheet without tearing them. The outline cutting was incomplete, so the PVC had to be torn in places, causing some puckering at the edges of a few.
So, these are the reasons why I'm disappointed in this set. I'd recommend looking at other wall decals before buying this set.
See all 58 customer reviews on Amazon.com