Easy Instant Decoration Wall Sticker Decal - Colorful World Map
* Estimated shipping rate for US 48 states. Final rate calculated at checkout.
|Average Customer Review: ( 11 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
30 of 31 found the following review helpful:
Pretty but what about basic Geography?! Mar 18, 2011
By Janina Tubby
I put these in the bathroom in my classroom in Japan. They were a little tricky to fix. But... almost the first time a child went in, she came out and asked me: "Is there a zoo in the Arctic?".
"I don't know" I replied confused. "Why?".
"Well there are some penguins up there with the polar bears, so there must be a zoo there".
That's right Geography sticker makers: Penguins do not live in the Arctic! Five year old children know this. I am a little embarrassed to say that I did not notice when I stuck it up. However I did notice there is no country called Mongloid and all the flags are printed backwards.
We have repatriated the penguins and stuck a sticker over Mongloid, but left the flags. I dare not look too closely in case we find any other glaring mistakes. So if you just want a pretty map like picture, then this is for you. But if you want something that represents geographical reality, you might be better looking elsewhere!
5 of 5 found the following review helpful:
Great for the playroom! Jan 25, 2011
By Sienna's mom
I just put this up in my daughter's playroom and it looks really great. It is smaller than it seems in the picture, though. Also, I have just a couple of complaints: there's no Hawaii!! and the other thing is that there are penguins pictured with polar bears up north. Penguins only live by the south pole, not the north, so it's misleading for children as they learn about the world and animals' habitats.
Other than those things, I love it! And it was easier to put up than I thought it would be, which is always a plus!
4 of 4 found the following review helpful:
Disappointed with this set Nov 29, 2011
I have other wall decals from this company and have been happy with them. I thought that I would like these too, as the map should be great for kids learning about the world. I was, however, disappointed with this set in several ways and would not recommend it.
1) Not geographically correct-- I know that other reviewers have mentioned this, but some of the problems have obviously been fixed since earlier versions (Mongolia is now named properly, penguins are now for the South Pole, etc.), so I thought it wouldn't be a problem. But when the description says this is not for educational purposes they REALLY mean it-- what surprised me is that some countries are marked, while others are not. Some countries are named, others are not. Why bother with incomplete country names and boundaries at all?
2) Did not stick to wall-- This was by far the most serious problem I had with this set. As mentioned earlier other wall decals from this company have been great and stuck to my wall with no problem. But for some reason some pieces of this set are peeling off on their own, after being on the wall for only about 5 days. Since there are many small pieces that are loose it is dangerous-- a choking hazard in a small child's room. I don't want to spend every day resticking these, so I'll be returning the set.
3) White background-- Although the third picture on the item page makes it look like the stickers have a clear background, since the background there matches the blue wall in the picture, they actually have a white background that is all around the edges and fills in spaces on many places. I consider this a design flaw for wall decals, and it should be mentioned more explicitly in the item description. The decal will not blend into your decor with this white background, and the straight white edges of some of the outer stickers look strange floating on a colored wall. Wall decals, in my opinion, should not look like regular paper stickers that have been put on the wall, which these do.
4) Not well cut in sheet-- Finally, the stickers were hard to get off the sheet without tearing them. The outline cutting was incomplete, so the PVC had to be torn in places, causing some puckering at the edges of a few.
So, these are the reasons why I'm disappointed in this set. I'd recommend looking at other wall decals before buying this set.
3 of 3 found the following review helpful:
Good but.... Jan 30, 2011
I bought this product for my niece's bedroom. While I LOVE the concept and overall look...I was a bit disappointed to find the decals were just big stickers. Different from other decal sets I have purchased in the past. Despite all this, I'm happy with the purchase.
1 of 1 found the following review helpful:
easy to apply May 08, 2013
looks great in my son's bedroom. easy to apply, pretty colors, no instructions needed. he loved seeing all the countries he has been to.
See all 11 customer reviews on Amazon.com